Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

I am being a little sentimental this Mother's Day. I don't know why this mother's day is any different, but I am thinking about how I want my kids to think of me. I want my kids to remember me as a mother who was so happy just being a mother. Here lately I have been kind of in a funk. I have been sad about how having five kids under the age of four has restricted me to the house most days, how financially hard it is to have five kids (four in diapers!! Do you know that we go through a box of diapers a week??), how Jon and I have to work extra hard to stay connected as a couple, etc. But, you know what? I wouldn't trade my kids or my situation for anything. Most days, I sit back and I look at my kids and watch how they interact with each other...they are good friends, they will always have that! How cool will it be when they are all grown up and they will bring their families over to our house and we will sit at our BIG dining room table and enjoy each other's company. Do you know how many grandkids we could have??? I always wanted a big family and now I have one. I am going to try real hard and enjoy this time with them, because you know what? Before too long, they will be in school and I will be going crazy with all the silence in the house during the day! So, all their tantrums and fights over toys, are just short term. Showing kindness to each other and promoting family closeness...that is my long term goal.

Photobucket

No comments: